1. Teacher Page
- Edit page: Log in using the same user name/password as those used for logging-in computers or AeriesNet > Page Properties > (Check out &) Edit Page)
- How to add and edit content
- Create hyperlinks
* File management
- Insert documents
- Insert images
- Add videos
- Add tables
- Create pages
- Manage sub-pages (hide/show section/selection, archive)
- Delete pages
- Apply themes
- Image map editor
- Hyperlink to anchors2. Calendar
- Share events of principal's calendar to school main calendar
- Sync your SharpSchool calendar from an external calendar
(e.g., Google Calendar).
3. Recent News
Below is a revised procedure of adding/editing entries in the Recent News Section of the school home page.
(1) Click the title (or headline) of any existing entry. (Call me if no entry is visible.)
(2) Click What's New in the page path (which looks like Willard Elementary School » News » What's New » WD 2013-0624 Registration).
(3) Click Page Properties menu > Add New Page > News Content Page.
(3a) It is recommended that in the Title field type in <School name or two letter abbreviation><space><yyyy or yy>< - mmdd> followed by a short subject (e.g. Rice 2011-0924 Back to School Night or RI 11-0924 Back to Schl Nite). This is just the name of the News Content Page -- not the title/headline of the newsarticle.
(3b) Click the down arrow next to the Title field to fill the Name field; then click Create Page.
(4) Once the page created, click the Switch to Design Mode in the Advanced menu.
(5) Click Edit.
(6) Fill out the Title and Summary (optional but highly recommended), which will display as the title/headline and subtitle of the news entry in the Recent New section.
(6a) Add the Published Date, which will determine the order of the entries. It's optional.
(6c) You may also schedule the removal of this new entry by clicking back to What's New > Advanced > Page Property > Follow-up tasks > None by default or Review, Archive or Move. Again, it is optional.
(7) Add news text in the body.
(8) Click Publish and it displays instantly on the home page. You should be able to see how it looks when you are back on the school home page.
(9) Navigate back to What's New page. (Remember: The quickest is to click the newly created entry, then click the What's New in the page path displaying right under the horizontal navigation bar.)
(10) Click Page Properties menu (left top corner) > Release Schedule ... Select Release On andRelease Until Time. That will decide if and when the entry will show up or not.
4. Hands-on practice and Q&A