GARVEY SCHOOL DISTRICT
BOARD OF EDUCATION
Keilley Meng, President
Ms. Keilley Meng was elected to the Garvey Board of Education in 2015 to a four-year term.
Henry Lo, Board Vice President
Mr.Henry Lo was elected to the Garvey Board of Education in 2003 and re-elected in 2007, 2011, and 2015. A graduate of Colby College in Maine. Henry has worked in public service for the past 13 years and was previously a staffer for State Senator Gloria Romero from 1999 to 2010. Henry has served as Board liaison to the District's Head Start Policy Committee and was instrumental in initiating and implementing the Garvey Education Foundation, a non-profit organization that serves the students of the district. Since the Foundation began, it has raised over $40,000 for Garvey District academic and extra curriculum programs. Henry was also very actively involved in the successful 2004 Bond Q campaign. He is very supportive of community partnerships in education and efforts for student achievement in every school of the Garvey School District.
Ronald Trabanino, Board Clerk
Mr. Trabanino was elected to the Garvey School Board of Education in 2013 to a four-year term and re-appointed to a four-year term in 2017.
John H. Nunez, Board Member
Mr. John H. Nunez was appointed to the Garvey Board of Education in 2017 to serve a four-year term. He previously served as Garvey Board member in 1981 and 1993. Mr. Nunez has served on the County Committee on School District Organization for the past 20 years, representing the L.A. County First Supervisorial District. During that time, he has dedicated considerable effort to community service work through a wide variety of projects, boards and offices. Some highlights include:
- L.A. County Committee on School District Organization, 1996-present (Chair, Vice Chair, and Policy & Nominations Committees)
- Garvey School District Board of Education, 1981-1985, 1993-2002 (President, Vice President, Clerk, Advisory Committee) and 2018-2022.
- Alhambra Education Foundation Board Member
- Alhambra Unified School District Board of Education, 2002-2005 (President, Vice President, Clerk)
- Elected to the Rosemead City Council, 2005-2009 (3-times as Mayor Pro Tem)
- San Gabriel Valley Council of Governments, Regional Representative
- Southern California Association of Governments, Committee on Energy and Human Development
- National School Boards Association (NSBA), Federal Government Relations Committee, 2003, 31st Congressional District Chair
- California Schools Boards Association (CSBA), Delegate Assembly for Region 23-A, 2000, 2005-Present
- Los Angeles County School Trustees Association (LACSTA, District 9), 2000, 2005--Present (Director, Nominations and Planning Committee), 2018-2022
- Garvey Council PTA (Co-President)
- Two PTA Honorary Service Awards
- Rosemead Rebels Football League (Assistant Coach)
- CSBA Certificate for Master in Boardsmanship
- Association of California School Administrators (ACSA), Golden Apple Award
- U.S. Army Veteran (Airborne Infantry), 1969-1971, Honorable Discharge
Vinh T. Ngo, Board Member
Mr. Vinh T. Ngo was appointed to the Garvey Board of Education in 2017 to serve a four-year term.