BOARD OF EDUCATION MEETINGS
Schedule and Location
Schedule: Board meetings are open to the public. Meetings are scheduled every three weeks. Click here to view calendar.
This meeting will be held in-person and open to the public, at the Garvey School District Education Center located at 2730 Del Mar Ave., Rosemead, CA, 91770. Social distancing, mask requirements, and Centers for Disease Control (CDC) guidelines for prevention of the spread of COVID-19 will be enforced. Members of the public who are unable to attend in-person, or wish to access the meeting remotely, may continue to participate via teleconference, including by following the Public Comment Guidelines below to address the Board, if desired. In light of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, and pursuant to the California Governor’s Executive Order N-29-20 executed March 17, 2020, the Board is authorized to hold this meeting via teleconferencing and to make this meeting accessible telephonically or otherwise electronically to all members of the public seeking to observe and address the Board.
Public Comment Guidelines
- Those members of the public who are in attendance at the physical meeting location and who wish to address the Board are asked to submit a “Request to Address the Board” form prior to the beginning of the meeting, which will be made available at the meeting location.
- Those members of the public participating via teleconference and who wish to address the Board may submit a “Request to Address the Board” by emailing email@example.com by 6:00 p.m. the evening of the Board meeting. Speakers should include their full name, their phone number, the topic they wish to speak on, if they wish to address the Board on a “closed” or “open” session agenda item, and if they will join the meeting through Zoom link or telephonically.
To avoid confusion:
- Speakers who join the Board meeting virtually through the Zoom link should put in their Zoom profile their full name (as indicated on the “Request to Address the Board” email to Mivelia Dang).
- Speakers who join the Board meeting telephonically should dial in with the phone number (as indicated on the “Request to Address the Board” email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Speakers who have submitted a request to address the Board will be called on to speak by the Chair of the meeting, at which time the speaker should un-mute their audio while addressing the Board, if doing so via telephone or Zoom.
- Following that person’s comment, the person should again mute their audio.
Request to Address the Board Form
Disability Accommodation Requests
Any person with a disability who wishes to attend a public meeting and who requires aides or services in order to participate in the public meeting, can contact the Superintendent’s Office at (626) 307-3444 at least 48 hours prior to the public meeting, to request any disability-related modification or accommodation, including auxiliary aids or services.
Limit Per Item
As a reminder, the primary purpose of a Board meeting is to conduct the business of the Board. Comments are limited to five (5) minutes. When your name is called, please un-mute your audio and state your name as you begin your remarks. There is a twenty-five-minute limit per item as per Board Bylaw 9323, which governs this matter. The Board cannot legally take action on matters not posted on the public agenda, but will refer the matter to the Superintendent for review and report.
Request for Agenda Item
Members of the public may request that a matter within the jurisdiction of the Board be placed on the agenda of a regular meeting. The request must be in writing and be submitted to the Board secretary with supporting documents and information, if any; at least eight (8) work days prior to the scheduled meeting date. To request an item, download and complete the Request for Agenda Item Form (below), and email it to email@example.com.