The Garvey School District’s Child Development Program provides high-quality integrated Early Head Start, Head Start, and State Preschool services to over 650 children and families that reside within the Rosemead, Monterey Park, and San Gabriel areas. The program staff are committed to providing an enriching and stimulating learning experience that facilitates school readiness. Part of this commitment is the long range program goal to prepare children to succeed in school and in life.
Preschool (Head Start & State Preschool)- Now Enrolling!
- Free program for children 3 to 5 years of age.
- Highly qualified teaching staff.
- School readiness services to ensure children are ready for kindergarten.
- Provides eligible children and families with comprehensive services to meet their educational, social, physical and emotional needs.
- Nutritious meals and snacks
- Provides services to children with special needs.
- Developmental and health screenings to all children.
- Research-based curriculum.
- Toilet training support (toilet-trained not required)
Infant and Toddler Program (Early Head Start Services)- Now Enrolling!
- Free program for infants and toddlers (ages birth to three) who qualify.
- Home visitation program for infants and toddlers.
- Center-based classroom services for toddlers ages 18-36 months.
- Research-based developmentally appropriate curriculum.
- Highly qualified teachers.
Program Enrollment Requirement
Families must meet the following Federal and/or state guidelines:
- Must be income eligible
- Child's birth certificate
- Children with Special Needs (IEP) and/or placed under Child Protective Services are given additional priority points
* Parents may obtain additional information and/or initiate enrollment process by simply calling us at (626) 307-3396, completing an online application (select link below) or visiting us in person at the Child Development Office. For general office information, directions and hours of operation, please Contact Us.
Interested families may call 626-307-3396 and leave a voicemail with contact information. A Child Development staff member will be in contact within 24 hours.
Program and Schedule Options:
The Garvey School District's Child Development Program operates at ten school sites and offers various schedule various to meet the needs of children and families. Below are the available options:
Head Start/State Preschool Regular Class Sessions:
- Part-day AM Session - 8:00a.m. to 11:30a.m.
- Part-day PM Session - 12:30p.m. to 4:00p.m.
- Extended Part-day (dosage)- 8:00a.m. to 2:00p.m.
- Full Day Session - 8:00a.m. to 4:00p.m.
Early Head Start:
- Home-based- Weekly home visits by a qualified teacher and group socializations 2 times per month at Williams Education Center!
- Center-based services- 8:00a.m.-3:30p.m.
Please be sure to call to inform us of your child's absence daily.